Things you can do
Take a moment to check-in.
- Ask if your friend is okay.
- Does you friend know what’s going on?
- Is your friend able to give consent?
(If you wouldn't let your friend drive, he/she/they probably can’t give consent.)
Try the 3 D's - Distract, Delegate, Direct
Create a distraction
- Ask your friend to go to bathroom with you.
- Take your friend to get food or go dance.
- Spill a drink, so it can’t be drunk.
Delegate to get others involved
- Find an authority figure.
- Get a team captain.
- Get a club officer or bouncer.
- Gather friends to take charge.
Directly tell the person attempting to do harm:
- “Leave him/her/them alone.”
- “Go away.”