Need medical attention?

If you’re not sure medical attention is necessary:

  • Stop the person from drinking any more alcohol.
  • If your friend wants to lie down, and you think he/she may vomit, position the person on his/her side and CALL P-SAFE.
  • If a person’s affect changes, showing signs of distress (decreased respirations, decreased level of consciousness, not waking up when vomiting, cool skin), CALL P-SAFE.

© 2017 The Trustees of Princeton University

Website feedback: